Monday, July 10, 2006

The Wedding (Part 3)

I love weddings now. Used to think they were nice ideas, sentimental and sweet, but now I think they are BEAUTIFUL. Chelsea and Robby's wedding was wonderful. I saw this nonchalant, too-cool-for-school man get emotional about my Chelsea and I found myself grinning like a fool being happy for the two of them. I really like Robby, and what can I say, he got himself caught by one of the best of women. I stood next to my sister and Brenna and listened to Brenna hold back the tears and watched Chelsea and Robby tease each other in delicate little ways all through the ceremony (Robby put the cutest emphasis on "Wear it" when talking about the rings, he made it sound like a command). The pastor talked about how people are like cars and when you commit to your one car for life, you shouldn't go around riding in other people's cars, you should first take care of your own and stay dedicated to it. Not sure I really like the analogy, but it was good for a smile. It took us four hours to get ready and to calm Chelsea and ourselves down and keep Robby in the dark about Chelsea's whereabouts. He cried when he saw her, and I can understand why. She was beautiful!

After the wedding, it was honk time. A wedding is not a wedding without decorated vehicles, plastic pompoms and a little hellraising with fireworks and driving through town disturbing a little peace while being way dressed up. The picture is of my sister Jen in the center, Chel's friend Brenna and I. It's not very flattering to any of us, but I think it's a lot of fun and shows the kind of mood we were in - we were so happy that they were happy. It sounds cliche and scripted, but I was just elated that two people I loved now got to love each other and were committed to each other. And another cool thing was that they had been building up to this for years - saving each other from heartbreak and saving themselves physically for the marriage.

No comments: