Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A Long Canoe Trip (and some lame jokes)

I went on a 42 km. canoe trip this weekend. The water was warm, and we spent time splashing each other and making jokes and singing old country songs on the guitar and watching for birds (we saw hawks and eagles and kingfishers and some cranes, maybe a pelican but it was far away).

I only wish I hadn't been so sore when I got off the water. I felt like my arms were going to melt away. Here are some of the jokes that kept me entertained (just to keep you entertained):

What do you call a man with no arms and no legs...

hanging on a wall? (Art.)
on the front doorstep? (Matt.)
in a pile of leaves? (Russel.)
in the ocean? (Bob.)

What do you call a girl with one leg?
(Eileen)
What do you call a chinese girl with one leg?
(Irene) (please don't kill me, Jess)

3 comments:

Alex said...

I'll have to remember those jokes for when I go canoeing on Tuesday. It's not 42 km though. And I'm not allowed to speak English, so those jokes might not work in French.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Anonymous said...

You guys sound like pussies.