Friday, June 30, 2006

My New Job

You are now reading the blog belonging to the new Registered Nurse in Charge at Night at the Hospital in the next town over. I put on my business boots (never NOT been hired after an interview wearing those ones - long, calf-hugging, black, intimidating and I mean business boots). I get to lead a team of nurses (dude, I've only been out of school for a year and a month!), and run the show when I work nights. And the pay is good, better than in Nova Scotia.
I am a little nervous, though - I think every new grad nurse has a complex where they figure that at any moment someone is going to expose them, revealing that really secretly they know nothing and slipped through the cracks. And I wonder what the team environment is going to be like. I'm working with a lot of nursing students, which is exciting - it's like hanging out on campus again. I always am a little worried about what would happen if something went wrong. I know I can handle alot, and I've learned I have a lot of strength, but I still have a lot to learn.

No comments: