Sunday, June 25, 2006

First Things

I'm not even close to being settled in here, but I'm here. It's so big - everything is bigger here. More air, more sky...
I went to the town parade yesterday. It was great... people wearing caps and fox apparel and cowboy hats. My brother got smacked in the head with a sucker thrown off the fire trucks. And it's so strange how people still are around and some things haven't changed. The bowling alley turned into Kokopelli's Family Entertainment Center - tell me how that isn't the weirdest thing you've ever heard of.... Chevy Chase movie-like.
The people I see I have known longer, and so I have a bigger kind of more comfortable love around them; but then the frustration and the anger and their ability to hurt me is bigger too.
It's tough living with my sister, trying to accomodate someone else's rules. She's really stressed out now, and so she blames me for the reason her life is stressful. I cleaned the house the other day and then she recleaned it because she had to make sure it was done the right way. I kind of feel sorry for her - she needs to feel this huge sense of control over everything. The crazy thing is that when she does have control, it's so spot on perfect that it's amazing. But then she hates her life. Talk about a double-edged sword. I have no idea how she does eight courses and runs wedding plans for Chelsea and holds down a part-time job on the side (as a manager, no less). I do love her... anybody have any hints or tips dealing with controlling loved ones???
Church was fun today. I'm really looking forward to going to Australia in 2008. Anyone want to join me for World Youth Day??
I went to Olds to help Jen at work, to see what she does. She has a great job, working with kids. We played all kinds of outdoor games, involving a slip and slide and nylons with flour in them and a kiddie pool full of warm oatmeal. It was great! I am glad Mitch and Rob are still big enough to have fun with. Soon they'll be all big and then I'll have to hurry up and have kids of my own (I'm secretly really excited... but I spose I can't get ahead of myself.)

Enjoy the pictures... these are outside the window of the house on the back quarter of our property. Take special notice of my beautiful car... mmmm.... it was so good to drive it. Smmmooooooth. I challenge any car to beat my Belle. I also put a video of us rehearsing the walk up the hall in preparation for the wedding next week.

Weird non-Nova Scotia moment of the day... putting the garbage, compost and all, in the burning barrel and lighting it up.

No comments: