Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Irrational Hatred

I have no hate for much of anything. No strong venomous bilous hatred. Except I really don't like the Mountain Crest commercial and I really don't like Mavinder Binhas (or whatever his name is, but you can't even hear it clearly in the commercial).
My beef goes something like this:
- if you're going to sell beer, it should taste like beer
-if your beer doesn't taste like beer, you shouldn't be proud of it
- you can't claim to be part of a proud brewing tradition if you're from Eastern India. I'm not racist, but don't they drink tea there? most definitely not beer brewed from glacier water like the box says.
- if your beer sucks, you shouldn't trot yourself and your unibrow on national television in your own crappy commercial and say, "Hey, I'm the president and founder of my own (sucky) company." If you work and own your own brewing company, logic would have it that you would opt not to be appear in a tie and suit on the commercial. Bill Gates doesn't even wear a tie on his commercials.
-graphics and editing. I know ten year olds who could do a better job. Low budget is one thing, but that's just bad.
- no such thing as a magic record. It doesn't exist except maybe when you mix street drugs with your crappy beer. And it would even be a sucky drug if your hallucination was about a magic record.
-trying to sell crappy beer with crappy sex images. If you're going to try to sell beer with girls, at least use either good looking girls or attempt to do it well. Not that I advocate selling sex, but it's pretty sad if you can't even do the wrong thing right.
-a new slogan would also be excellent. Damn good beer is what the chief on the reserve said like 80 years ago when he was already drunk and then tasted your beer.

I believe I've said it all. I don't want to have to watch that commercial again.

if you haven't seen it, the link is at: http://www.soundclick.com/pro/view/01/default.cfm?bandID=414325&content=videos&vidID=10736

No comments: